Decades of working for everyday people… every day.
Dennis spent 39 years in the financial industry as a member of the Credit Union Movement where he focused on the founding principles of the Movement, people helping people. The credit union and bank difference is similar to the divide between Democrats and Republicans; David vs. Goliath. As a Glacier Hills employee once stated when returning to the credit union after working at a bank, "At the bank I was told to concentrate on the top 100 customers while at the credit union, everyone we talked to is a top 100 member." Democrats are the same fighting for the people while the Republicans focus on their rich and large corporate benefactors.
He understands the needs and challenges of working people and Dennis pledges to place everyday people first when he joins the legislature.
Dennis is Uniquely Qualified to be a Leader for the 58th Assembly District:
- Retired President/CEO of Glacier Hills Credit Union, West Bend, WI
- US Army, Vietnam Veteran
- President, Washington County Campus Foundation (UW-Washington County)
- Director, Washington County Historical Society
- Member, City of West Bend Solid Waste and Recycling Committee
- Member, Citizens Facility Advisory Committee, West Bend School District
- Vice Chair, Democratic Party of Washington Country
- Big Brother for 14 years, Big Brother Big Sisters of Washington County
- Member, of the Credit Union Review Board for 10 years, eight as Chair
- Current and past involved with numerous non-profit organizations
- Baseball historian, published member, Society for American Baseball Research (SABR)
Dennis and Linda R. Cherubini have four children between them and six grandchildren, three of each, ranging in ages from 5 to 21.